Website Piedmont Community Action, Inc.
PIEDMONT COMMUNITY ACTION, INC.
PO Box 5374 •
300 S. Daniel Morgan Ave. Ste. A
Spartanburg, SC 29304
Ph. 864.585.8183 Fax: 864.585.5152
I. General Description:
To implement the education and early childhood development program as required by Administration for Children and Families (ACF) in Head Start Centers as assigned by the Child Services Education Manager.
II. Specific Duties:
1. Works with teacher to arrange classroom space into interest centers with
materials readily assessable to children and ensures Fidelity of Creative Curriculum along with Early Childhood Environment Rating System (ECERS). 2. Helps to maintain a clean, uncluttered, well organized classroom environment.
3. Utilize Active Supervision ensuring a safe environment indoors, outside and during transitions.
4. Assist teacher with posting rules, schedule, helper charts and center management signs with pictures and words.
5. Label all shelving and furniture with words and pictures in English and Spanish.
6. Complete the Daily Health check of children, upon arrival.
7. Provide Intentional learning activities during Individualization, transitions, small and large group meetings.
8. Work with teacher to establish a system for taking child observation notes and entering them into TS Gold daily.
9. Plan with teacher to ensure that Lesson plans are completed weekly and posted.
10. Utilize the Head Start Early Outcomes Framework to ensure that developmentally appropriate activities are conducted.
11. Develop a positive, nurturing relationship with children and families.
12. Assist teacher with conducting Home Visits and Parent/Teacher conferences twice a year as required by the Program performance standards.
13. Teaching staff will conduct family style meals and eat with the children to promote healthy eating habits while having open ended conversations.
14. Maintain a filing system to ensure Confidentiality.
15. Plan with teacher to develop School Readiness Goals for each child to promote growth and development.
16. Drive or monitor Bus Route and complete a safety walk through at the end of each route. Complete Transportation Logs.
III. Supervisor Control:
1. The teacher assistant is directly responsible to the Center Manager for center operation and directly responsible to the Child Service Manager for service area operation.
2. The teacher assistant’s performance is monitored twice yearly or as needed.
3. The Performance Evaluation is completed within the first 90 days of employment, then annually by the Center Manager.
4. Professional Development plan must be developed annually; along with achieving 15 credit hours annually.
III. Other Significant Facts:
• Good Health
• Must receive an annual physical
• Must have available transportation.
• Must have driving license.
• Pass DSS requirements
Minimum Requirements: Applicant must possess an AA in Early Childhood Development or a related field and a ECD 101 certificate or be enrolled in school with at least two years of experience working with young children.
CDL is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to Hr@pcasp.org