Website Piedmont Community Action, Inc
JOB TITLE: FAMILY SERVICE ADVOCATE
Under the supervision of the Family/Community Partnership Division Manager the Family Service Advocate will provide comprehensive child development services for enrollees and parents by implementing health and family service activities in the assigned Head Start center according to federal regulations and Piedmont Community Actions policies and procedures. These services will include securing routine and any needed diagnostic documentation and treatment services. Also any activities related to outreach, recruitment and maintenance of enrollment of eligible children. Enhance families aware of community resources and assist families in their own efforts to improve their condition and quality of life via referrals.
Recruits children to identify enrollees.
- Enrolls eligible children.
- Identifies family services needs of children and families.
- Refers identified family services needs to Family/Community Division Manager.
- Secures consent for program screening.
- Refers children’s health needs to Health Manager.
- Reports suspected cases of child abuse/neglect according to program policy.
- Collects survey information from families and community for the community assessment.
- Contact community agencies regarding services rendered.
- Obtains complete health history and parental consent on all enrollees.
- Establishes and maintains confidential files on all enrollees individually and on computer.
- Identifies and reports immunization status on children enrolled.
- Enter in to a Family Partnership Agreement with each enrollee’s family.
- Maintains and distributes resource directory.
- Refers parents to available community resources.
- Provides follow-up on all referrals and documents.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Fulfill job requirements, such as CDL.
- Implement the recruitment/enrollment process.
- Identify recruitment target areas.
- Assist with planning recruitment process.
- Prioritize daily work schedule.
- Complete and submit weekly itinerary.
- Work cooperatively with staff, parents, and community.
- Attend mandatory training and meetings.
- Submit accurate reports/paperwork in accordance with deadlines.
- Input enrollee’s attendance in ChildPlus program.
- Adhere to agency’s code of conduct.
- Identifies enrollees who have obtained services prior to enrollment.
- Makes home visits as needed in order to involve parents in services delivery.
- Other duties as assigned to help in the successful operations of the agency including spending time in the classrooms.
- Supervisory Control:
The Family Service Advocate is directly responsible to the Family/Community Partnership Division Manager.There will be on-going monitoring of the Family Service Advocate by the Family/Community Partnership Division Manager, and an evaluation conducted annually. The Head Start Director will serve as the reviewer of evaluations.
Other Significant Facts:
-Must have reliable transportation, drivers’ license and insurance.
-Will be required to conduct and/or attend center parent meetings.
-Must secure a physical examination annually.
-Highly recommend obtaining a commercial driver’s license.
Must have a baccalaureate degree or a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field. Must have a minimum of one year’s experience in the area of family services or family partnerships. Willing to continue education in respect of personal development. Possess an ability to serve as an advocate for low-income families and children.
Position will remain posted until filled.
If Interested, please complete online application and return to email@example.com along with resume and cover letter stating your additional qualifications for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org