Website PIEDMONT COMMUNITY ACTION, INC.
PIEDMONT COMMUNITY ACTION, INC.
PO Box 5374 • 300 S. Daniel Morgan Ave. Ste. A
Spartanburg, SC 29304
Ph. 864.585.8183 Fax: 864.585.5152
EARLY HEAD START HOME VISITOR
I. General Description:
To provide in-home instruction as well as a group socialization experience to parents and children (infants/toddlers) which will enhance the parents’ ability to fill the role of primary nurturer of their child. Maintain on-going contact with families and work with all other components (health, nutrition, family services, mental health, special services, parent education and resource/referral) to integrate services into the family setting. Must meet requirements per Federal Head Start Performance Standards and any local, state and or agency policies and procedures.
II. Specific Duties:
1. Recruit/enroll families which may be ages prenatal to transition into 3yr. old HS
2. Developing rapport with the parent/family
3. Providing the 90 min of content with the parent/child(ren) each week flexible hrs for DIRECT services
4. Conducting the 2 monthly socializations
5. Tracking Partnership Agreements
6. Service Coordination with the dental, health, nutrition, disability, mental health providers
7. Tracking events and notes in ChildPlus.net
8. Monitor attendance for children and parents if students
9. Transitioning the infant/toddler into a center based program
10. Maintaining rapport with the child/family on a mutually agreed upon schedule
11. Referrals to other providers e.g. MH counselor, DSS etc.
12. Other duties as assigned towards successful program operations including time in classrooms.
III. Supervisory Control:
The Home Visitor is supervised by the Early Head Start Coordinator
IV. Other Significant Facts:
Must have reliable transportation
The Home Visitor, at a minimum, must have an associate’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (or a related field) or have a social work, psychology, or sociology degree (or a degree in a related field). Applicants who possess the Infant-Toddler or Early Childhood Education CDA meet the qualifications as well. Must have knowledge and at least one year experience in child development and early childhood education, adult learning and family dynamics including knowledge of community resources and skill to link families with appropriate agencies and services.
CDL or obtained within the first 90 days of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to Hr@pcasp.org