- General Description:
The Culinary Technician I will be responsible for the preparation of food and sanitation of kitchen Following DHEC and HHS guidelines for the Head Start center assigned.
- Special Duties:
- Prepares and serves meals (breakfast, lunch, and supplement) according to guidelines.
- Sets up carts for meals.
- Covers food before serving to units.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness in the food service area.
- Washes dishes, pots, pans, etc.
- Cleans kitchen equipment.
- Mops and sweeps floors.
- Stores foods and supplies properly.
- Stores clean dishes, pots, and pans according to guidelines.
- Discards unused foods, which were served.
- Recruits and obtains volunteer and in-kind contributions.
- Supervisory Control:
The Culinary Technician is directly responsible to the Center Manager. The Culinary Technician is evaluated semi-annually by the Culinary Technician II and informally evaluated on the job as deemed necessary. The Nutrition Manager reviews the evaluation.
- Other Significant Facts:
- Good Health
- Must receive annual physical examination
- Must have transportation, valid drivers’ license and auto insurance.
- Willing to work overtime on a volunteer basis.
Minimum requirements: High School diploma or GED.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org